How to install HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer is a multi-functional printer that is useful for home or small business set up. This is a mid-range printer that offers functions and features such as :
- Superior printing speed of maximum 18 ppm (papers per minute) for monochrome prints as well as 10 ppm for other colour prints
- touch screen colour LCD panel of about 63 mm
- Connections: It can be connected via USB, Ethernet, Wireless connections
- Input Paper Tray has the Capacity of storing a maximum of 225 sheets at a time
- Mobile Printing facility through ePrint and Air Print available/
Steps for Setting up the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer
Connect the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer to the power switch and turn it on.
- On the LCD control panel select your language, country as well as region with the help of arrow buttons that appear next to the control panel. Then touch the OK button on the screen.
- Insert the ink cartridge carefully into their respective slots. Thereafter a message will appear on the LCD panel for installing the cartridge. Click ‘’OK’’.
- Now load paper in the tray. The printer will generate a print of the page. Thereafter, scan the printed page placing on the glass scanner.
- Once scanned, you will get a message ‘’Alignment successful’’ on the control panel. Press the ‘’OK’’ button.
- Now you are able to connect the printer through wireless, Ethernet or USB.
Downloading the driver for HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer
- To download the drivers, open any web browser on your computer, laptop, smartphone or whatever device you are using and type in the website 123.hp.com/setup 6968.
- In the search area write the model number of the printer i.e. 6968 and you will get the drivers to download.
- Click on the download button to initiate the downloading process whereby a file with the extension name ‘’.exe’’ will download on your device.
- After successful downloading of this file, open the folder where this file has been downloaded and double click on the file to start the installation of drivers on your device.
- You will see a dialog box, click on the ‘’install’’ button on it.
- Thereafter you will get another dialog box for accepting the agreement of the installation. Click on the button that reads ‘’I agree’’.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen and click the ‘’Finish’’ button.
Wireless installation of HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer can be connected directly wirelessly for printing through devices such as laptop, smartphone, tablet, iPad etc. This can be done by following the given steps:
- On the LCD control panel of the printer, press the Wireless icon.
- Now click on the button that appears next to the print setting.
- When the ‘’’Wireless Setup Wizard’’ appears on the LCD control panel, click ‘’OK’’. This will lead the printer to search the wireless networks that are available automatically.
- Scroll using arrow button, and check the network which you want to connect for wireless printing. Then click ‘’OK’’.
- In case, the current wireless network is not appearing on the LCD control panel of the printer, then enter the network manually. For this, click on the option of ‘’Enter New Network Name’’ by scrolling and click ‘’OK’’.
- Now, you need to enter the name of the wireless network and press ‘’OK’’ again.
- You will be asked to enter the WEP or WPA key. After entering the key, click ‘’OK’’.
- This will make the printer to connect to the network on its own and is ready to receive the printing command from the user.