How to connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer
The HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer is an all-in-one printer that offers several features which consist of auto-duplexing, automatic document feeder (ADF), instant ink subscription service, competitive running cost etc. Besides, the prints generated using this advanced technology printer are of high quality in terms of text, graphics, photos etc. It can be used from low to medium volume of printing and is perfect for installing in small or micro offices where you can do printing, photocopy, and scanning.
The size of the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer is 9 x 18.3 x 15.4 and weighs 17.9 pounds. The paper capacity includes 225 sheet cassette and can easily print 20,000 pages. It can be connected through Wi-Fi, internet, USB cable and Wireless.
Downloading drivers and installing HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer on Windows device
- Turn on the computer or Windows device where you want to download and install the printer. Now open any web browser and type 123.hp.com/setup 6978 to download the drivers.
- In case, the drivers are not appearing on the page, type the model number of the printer i.e. HP Officejet Pro 6978 in the search area and press ‘’Enter’’ key. You will get the drivers and you have to click on the ‘’Download’’ button.
- This will download a file with the extension being ‘’.exe’’ on your computer.
- Downloading will take a couple of minutes and thereafter open the location where this file is saved.
- Double click on this file and it will ‘’Run’’ the set up on your computer.
- Then you will see a dialog box appearing on the computer screen, prompting you to install the printer. Click on the ‘’Install’’ button to start the installation process on your computer.
- Thereafter, you will be asked through a dialog box to accept the agreement of installation wherein you have to click on the ‘’I Agree’’ button in order to proceed further.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your computer screen to successfully download the setup ad then click on the ‘’Finish’’ button that appears in a dialog box.
Downloading drivers and installing HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer on Mac device
- For downloading the drivers of HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer on your Mac operating system devices then you need to have the supporting Mac OS on your device. Thereafter follow the steps as given below.
- Open any web browser and then type the website for downloading drivers i.e. 123.hp.com/setup 6978. Now search for the drivers by typing the model number of the printer which HP Officejet Pro 6978. When the downloading link appears, click on it to start downloading the drivers.
- This will download a file with the extension ‘’.dmg’’ on your Mac device.
- Let this file download completely on your device and then open the location where it is stored and click on this file.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to complete the installation process.
Connecting HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer wireless on Windows or Mac device
- For connecting HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer wirelessly on your computer windows / Mac device, ensure that the wireless network and the internet are working properly.
- Also, turn on both the computer as well as HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer. Check out that they both are connected to the same wireless network.
- Touch the Wireless icon that is displayed on the control panel of the printer. Click on the icon of ‘’Wireless Menu’’.
- Now click on the ‘’Wireless Setup Wizard’’ under the ‘’Wireless Settings’’. The printer will then automatically begin to find the networks that are available for connection.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your printer control panel and this will connect the printer with the computer.
If you experience that the problems still persist while installing HP printer for your desktop, for any assistance, issue or help contact the toll-free number at 1-855-914-2288 or visit 123.hp.com/setup for any HP Printer related guidance.