If your printer doesn’t detect printer drivers it will display hp printer drivers unavailable message. Drivers are a sort of communication channel between the printer and the computer. If they are down the printer won’t receive anything. It simply means, no printing.
What exactly the hp printer driver unavailable mean?
So what does it means that the printer drivers are unavailable? Well as the name suggests, the error occurs when something is wrong with the printer’s drivers.
Something is preventing the hp printer drivers to work as they should. It is generally caused by corrupt or outdated drivers.
It could also be a sign that windows need updates. But most commonly it’s the faulty, incompatible, or corrupt drivers that are the main culprit.
How to resolve the hp printer driver unavailable error?
Here are the best method you could apply to speedily fix the error;
Method 1: Update Latest hp printer drivers
If your printer drivers are outdated the simple fix is to update them, follow the steps;
- Simultaneously press Windows and R keys.
- When run dialogue box opens, type “devmgmt.msc” and press enter.
- Device manager window will open.
- Right-click printer queue and choose update drivers.
- Windows will prompt you with two options.
- Choose the automatic driver update from the internet.
- Windows will search over the internet and install the required updated drivers.
Method 2: Update windows
Sometimes updating windows also fix printer drivers unavailable error, here are the steps;
- Click start button.
- Type updates in the search field and press enter.
- On the update screen, click check updates.
- Windows will search for updates and install automatically.
- After update, restart the system.
- Check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 3: Re-Install the Hp printer
As a last resort, you can remove the printer and all its related software and process then add them back. This will remove any defective drivers and install the default working ones.
- Open control panel window and click device and printer link.
- the Right click, the printer icon, and select remove device.
- Press Windows and R keys to the open run dialogue box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the search bar and click run.
- In device manager window, right-click ‘printer queue’, then select ‘uninstall’.
- Remove USB cable if connected, then restart the computer.
- Go to the official hp website, download the latest drivers and software for your hp printer.
- Specify the connection type and proceed to install your printer.
If you experience any issue while installing HP printer and printing, please contact at the toll-free number at 1-833-283-0002 or visit 123.hp.com/setup for guidance.