HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Instant Ink Ready Printer that can print, scan, copy and fax all documents. It can be connected through wi-fi also at home or office that lets you print through any device, be it a laptop, computer, tablet or smartphone. HP Printer 3830 is one of the best printers for small or medium business as the quality of the print is excellent and is able to accept several types of paper irrespective of the sizes. It has a small 2.2 inches mono touch screen display that allows the user to view and change settings and printing preferences.
How to setup and connect the HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer?
- Firstly, take out the printer from the carton box and remove all packing material, tapes, plastic etc.
- Connect the printer with the power cord through the wire attached on the printer.
- You will get the instructions on the screen to choose and select the language, country/ region, time, date as well as other printing preferences with the help of buttons available on the printer.
- With the help of USB connecting cable, connect your device with the printer. Make sure your connecting device i.e. desktop, laptop, tablet etc. is turned on for use.
- Remove the packing from the ink cartridge. Open the ink cartridge access door and insert the cartridge inside the printer. Now the cartridge access door must be closed properly.
How to install driver software for HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer?
- To download the driver software for the HP 3830 Printer, visit the website 123.hp.com/setup.
- In the search option, type ‘’Officejet 3830’’ and press enter.
- On the screen that appears, click on the ‘Download’ button on the webpage and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- A file will start downloading on your device with the extension as ‘.exe’. Let it download completely and do not stop or pause it.
- Once downloaded, the file will either run itself or you have to select the downloaded file and right-click on the file. You have to select the ‘Run’ option and click on the same.
- You will get instructions on the computer screen to “Accept” the file. You have to click on the ‘Accept’ button.
- After the successful running of the file, the latest version of HP Officejet 3830 printer software will be installed on your computer.
How to connect HP OfficeJet 3830 printer with desktop or laptop using USB Cable?
- Attach the printer with your device using the USB cable that is provided with the printer in the packaging box.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option in your device and select ‘Control Panel.’
- In the Control Panel, select and click ‘Devices and Printers’ button. A new window will appear on the screen with several icons of printers and devices with the icon of the printer having the name ‘HP Officejet 3830’.
- Place your cursor on this printer and right-click to select the option ‘Add Printer’.
- Now close this window as the Printer is connected to your computer or laptop through the wire and is ready for printing.
How to connect HP OfficeJet 3830 printer with desktop or laptop through Wifi?
- Go to the network setting on your device, by clicking on the WiFi icon on the right-hand side corner on the taskbar of your computer screen.
- You will see several WiFi connections that are available. Enter the name of the network and password in the WiFi that you want to connect with your computer and click on the ‘Connect’ button.
- Check if the printer is turned on.
- On the control panel of the printer, tap on the ‘Setup’ icon.
- Several options will appear on the control panel of the printer. Select the option of ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ and click ‘OK’
- Follow the instructions that appear on the mini control panel and printer will be connected to the Computer.
How to print through HP OfficeJet 3830 printer?
- Once the installation of driver and printer connection is completed, your printer is ready to get your documents printed.
- Pull out the paper loading tray of the Printer and insert a few sheets of paper having desired size according to the document.
- Make sure the stack of paper is aligned properly and straight with all edges placed together in the tray.
- Now, in the computer open the document, web page etc. that you want to print and press ‘Ctrl’ and ‘P’ together.
- A window will appear on the screen. In front of the ‘Names’ option, click on the drop-down arrow and choose HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer.
- Further, in the options below page range, select the option of ‘Current Page’ or ‘Selection’ to choose the number of pages you want to print.
- Under the column of ‘Number of Copies’ select the number of copies, you want to print of the similar document.
- Automatically the pages will print in Foolscap format.
- Then press OK and you will find the printed pages in the Printer.
If you experience any issue while installing HP printer and printing, please contact at the toll-free number at 1-833-283-0002 or visit 123.hp.com/setup 3830 for guidance.