There are several reasons behind the Canon printer not printing Black issues problem. It can be due to the clogged cartridges and print head nozzles. Besides this, your black ink might be running short, making your Canon printer not release it. Every time your Canon printer’s nozzles are blocked with dust; it prevents ink from coming onto the paper. For fixing it, you should ensure to clean the nozzles and ink cartridges of your Canon printer.
Main Reasons for Canon Printer Not Printing Black issues
In the below-mentioned points, we are listing out the main reasons for Canon Printer Not Printing Black issues: –
- Low Ink Level
- Improper configuration of ink cartridges
- Clogged Print head nozzles
- Ink Cartridges clogged and blocked with wet dust
- Some Changes in the setting of your Canon printer driver
- Undesired changes in the printer settings
- Irregular usage of the printer
- Network Jam
- Fluctuating electric supply leading to insufficient power to print
- Compatibility issues of loaded sheets with your Canon printer
- Issues related to the configuration of the password
- Outdated printer drivers
- Issues related to Paper jams
Tips to fix Canon Printer Not Printing Black Ink issues
We will now discuss the troubleshooting tips to fix Canon Printer Not Printing Black Ink issues.
- Turning on and off your Canon Printer
First of all, you should reboot your Canon printing device. You should try it again. For doing this, you should switch off your device and then disconnect it from power by removing the cable. After doing it, you should wait for some time and then turn on your Canon printer.
- Proper Cleaning of your Canon Printer
You are advised to properly clean your Canon printer to fix this issue. It is because accumulated wet dust on the ink can stop the printer from releasing the ink onto the paper.
If you want to initiate the cleaning process of your Canon printer, then do follow these steps: –
- You should open your Canon printer and then start cleaning it
- Now, you should put 5 or more A5 sheet paper in the printer tray.
- Next, you should open the paper output tray and also open the output tray extension.
- Thereafter, you should choose the” Setup option” to kickstart the printer cleaning process.
- Subsequently, you will view some tool icons in the “Setup” section. You have to click on them.
- Now, you should go to the “Maintenance” menu and then confirm “OK” when the tools box opens,
- After opening the “Maintenance” Menu, you should proceed further by choosing the “Deep Cleaning” option.
- Finally, you should give confirmation by choosing the “Yes” and “OK “options.
You are advised to wait for some time. After the completion of the cleaning process, you should restart your Canon printer. Now, you should check whether the error is resolved or not.
- Checking the authentic usage of Ink Cartridges
If all the above tips fail then you should check whether you are using authentic cartridges or not. If not, then the Canon printer does not give assurance for the proper functioning of duplicate toner supplies. Therefore, you should ensure to use genuine toner or ink cartridges. Whenever your Canon printer is not printing black then you should check the quality of your printer cartridges.
- Updating the Printer Driver
You should visit the official website of Canon printers to download and install the latest version of the printer driver.
- Choosing your Canon printer as the default printer
You should follow the below-mentioned steps to enable your Canon printer as the “Default” printer.
- You should first access the control panel of your PC
- Now, you should go to the “Device and Printer” tab and click on it.
- Next, you will find a display list of the connected devices. You should ensure that your Canon printer is selected as the default
- If your Canon printer is not chosen as default then right-click on the printer and choose it as “default”.
- Replacing your Canon Printer Ink Cartridges and Checking the Ink Cartridges to replace
If you are facing problems with the text and color then the black cartridge might have some issues.
Replacing the Problem giving Cartridge
You should replace the problem cartridge from your Canon by following the below-mentioned steps: –
- You should first put the paper on the tray
- Now, you should switch on your Canon printer
- Next, you should check the cartridge door.
- Thereafter, you should carefully remove the ink cartridge
- Now, you should remove the new cartridge and then remove the plastic tape.
- Next, you should insert the cartridge into the ink nozzles of your printer.
- In the next step, you should insert the cartridge into the slot until it clicks.
- Finally, you should close the cartridge.
Checking the installation of cartridges by aligning them
If the above-mentioned steps fail then you should check the alignment of cartridges on paper. If the ink cartridges are improperly aligned then they can cause printing issues.
For accomplishing the alignment process, you should follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- You should first turn on your Canon printer
- Now, you should click “Next” to open the “Setup” icon.
- Next, you should click on the “right arrow” button to open tools and then click “Ok”.
- For opening the aligned printer, you should click on the “right arrow”
- Finally, you should click on “Ok” to let your Canon printer complete the alignment process.
- Checking whether your Canon Printer is having the Offline issue
You should alter your Canon printer “settings” from offline to online by following these steps: –
- First of all, you should go to the control panel of your PC
- b. Now, you are advised to click “Device and Printer”
- Next, you should choose your printer and then right-click on it and choose “see what is printing”.
- Finally, you should ensure that the offline option is not chosen. If it is, then uncheck it.
- Clearing the Print Jobs from the Queue
- You should first open the “Control Panel” of your device.
- Now, you should type services.msc in the run-dialog box.
- Next, you should choose “print spooler service”.
- After clicking the “print spooler service” option, you will be given some options.
- Out of those options, you should choose “Stop”.
- When the print spooler is stopped, you should open run.
- In the text field, you should type “Spool”.
- Now, you should open the print folder
- You should delete all the files in this folder
- Next, you should close the spool folder once the file is deleted
- Now, you should go to the service window and right-click on “the printer spooler program, and choose “Start”.
- Finally, you should print a test page
- Ensuring your Firewall Protection is Disabled
If you are facing the issue of the Canon printer not printing Black then it can be due to firewall protection.
You should disable the firewall by following the below-mentioned steps: –
- You should first go to the search bar and then enter “Windows Defender Firewall”.
- Now, you should click on the ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- Finally, you should tick the “windows defender firewall”.
We have provided you with conclusive information about tips to fix the Canon printer not printing Black issue. You could adopt and implement the most suitable to fix that suits you to fix this issue. If the issue still persists and bothers you then you can contact our technical support team.